Magnificent snow-capped mountains, ski resorts, and national parks are some of the first things that come to most people’s minds regarding Utah, not drug abuse.
The rampant drug problem in Utah isn’t a widely known fact. Although the state has about half the national average drug usage rate overall, it is among the top 10 US states with the highest numbers of drug overdose deaths. What’s even worse is that the state has the highest rate of mental illnesses in the country. Rehabs in Utah are adjusting to accommodate its residents, but creating awareness of available treatments continues to be the primary focus.
A research study conducted by NiceRx, using data from National Survey on Drug Use and Health conducted by SAMSHA, shows that 29.68% of Utahn adults have some form of mental illness, making it the state with the highest rate of mental health issues in the country.
The prevalence of drug abuse and mental health problems in Utah makes it essential for people to know where to seek help. We have identified some of the best rehabs in Utah for you. But before we discuss them, let’s look at some drug abuse and mental health statistics in Utah so you can better understand the gravity of the situation.
Key Statistics about Drug Abuse and Mental Health in Utah
- Prescription drug abuse has been the leading cause of drug overdose deaths in Utah.
- Fentanyl-related fatalities increased by 125% in Utah between 2019 and 2020.
- Only 1 in 10 people struggling with substance abuse disorder receives treatment in Utah.
- According to a report issued by the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) in 2021, 550,000 adults in Utah had a mental health condition. Out of these, 139,000 were diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
- A whopping 9% of adult Utahns reported symptoms of anxiety and depression in February 2021.
- 51,000 youngsters between the ages of 12 and 17 have depression in Utah.
Understand the Benefits of Alcohol Rehab in Utah
Alcohol rehab offers countless benefits for those struggling with alcohol addiction. These include improved mental, physical and emotional health, decreased risk of relapse, increased self-esteem and confidence, increased quality of life and much more. Understanding all the benefits of alcohol rehab can help you make an informed decision when searching for rehab centers in Utah that’s right for you.
Top 2 Utah Addiction Treatment Centers
1. Steps Recovery Centers
Steps Recovery Centers, as the name shows, is a chain of drug and alcohol rehabs in Utah. Each location provides different treatments and recovery facilities to ensure everyone struggling with substance abuse gets the help and care they need. They offer what they call ‘a full continuum of care’, starting with a detailed evaluation by an expert. The patients then receive personalized treatment plans that not only help them overcome addiction but also improve their overall physical and mental wellness.
- Residential Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Day Treatment
- Family Support
- Specialized Services for Veterans
984 South 930, West Payson, UT 84651
2. Utah Addiction Centers
Known as one of the best Utah residential treatment centers for those struggling with addiction, Utah Addiction Centers provide personalized treatments and holistic care using the traditional 12-step addiction recovery model, along with primary care services and psychotherapy. But what makes it different from other recovery centers in the state is that it not just provides addiction help to those struggling with drug abuse or alcoholism, it offers treatments for all forms of addiction, including sex and porn addiction and eating disorders. Utah Addiction Centers also provide treatment and support to those struggling with mental illnesses. They are not only Joint Commission accredited but have also received their Gold Seal of Approval for Behavioral Health Care.
Utah Addiction Centers are also known to provide affordable care.
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- Eating Disorders Treatment
- Sex Addiction Treatment
- Porn Addiction Treatment
- Treatment for Mental Illnesses, including Anxiety, Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, and Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Gene Therapy
- Equine Therapy
- Family Therapy
2590 Prairie View Drive, Eagle Mountain, UT 84005
Top 2 Mental Health Facilities in Utah
1. Huntsman Mental Health Institute
Huntsman Mental Health Institute is part of the University of Utah Health System, which is known worldwide as one of the best academic health systems. The institute not just provides psychiatric care and comprehensive mental health services to patients but is also leading the way in the professional world with research and education.
- Hospital Treatment
- Therapy & Medication Management
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Services
- Substance Abuse & Addiction Recovery
- Psychiatry Consult
- Maternal Mental Health
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Clinic
- Treatment Resistance Mood Disorders
- Neuropsychological Assessment
- Child & Teen Programs
- Adult & Geriatric Programs
501 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108
2. New Roads Behavioral Health
New Roads Behavioral Health treatment center provides quality, personalized care in a community setting to ensure the patients also receive peer support along with medical treatment through the recovery process. It helps people deal with substance use disorder and a wide range of mental health conditions, ranging from anxiety and depression to more complex mental illnesses, like borderline personality disorder and schizophrenia. The facility provides gender-specific housing for those undergoing inpatient treatments with a variety of amenities, including foosball tables, billiards, and volleyball and basketball courts, to name a few.
- Residential Programs
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Transitional Living Program
- Outpatient Programs
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Group and Family Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Relapse Prevention Counseling
2450 E Fort Union Blvd., Cottonwood Heights, UT 84121
These are a few of the rehab centers in Utah that are available. To find more locations, we offer a free, user-friendly comprehensive directory to locate Utah rehab centers near you.