Alaska’s breathtaking landscapes, pristine natural beauty, and adventurous outdoor activities are central to its public image. The state is one of the most awe-inspiring places to live in and is a famous spot for those seeking solace in nature. Unfortunately, the state is not immune to its residents experiencing mental health and substance misuse challenges. Alaska rehabs and Alaska detox centers offer services to address the rising addiction and mental health crises, but without getting this information to those in need, these efforts often go unnoticed. We aim to provide you with the resources on this site to locate one near you quickly.
Approximately 160,000 people in the state suffer from mental health conditions, and over 100,000 do not receive the necessary treatment.
Without necessary help, people are likely to continue suffering, the numbers worsening when they don’t receive the support they require. However, this support is only possible if people access the facilities and know the suitable ones nearby. This page will provide relevant statistics before listing the top treatment centers in the state.
Key Statistics about Drug Abuse and Mental Health in Alaska
The numbers for mental health and addiction aren’t as critical as in some other states, but that doesn’t mean the problem doesn’t exist. Additionally, Alaska’s remote location and harsh weather conditions can make it challenging to take decisive action, as access to treatment can be limited, albeit still available.
The following statistics present a realistic image of the state and allow us to see the extent of the problem:
- Nearly 60% of Alaskans live in communities with inadequate access to mental health professionals and Alaska recovery centers.
- Approximately 15,000 12-17-year-olds in Alaska have depression.
- Alaska has the second-highest suicide rate in the United States, with 27.0 suicides per 100,000 people in 2020.
- Alaska had 147 drug overdose deaths in 2020, a 17% increase from the previous year.
- A 2019 study revealed that 22% of Alaskans regularly binge drink. 68% of drug overdoses in 2018 were related to opioids.
- Excessive drinking causes an average of 1,200 deaths in Alaska annually.
- 6.3% of Alaskans recently admitted to using illicit drugs compared to the 3.58% national average.
Although the statistics show that many Alaskans lack the necessary support to treat their addictions, our site aims to put those in need in touch with the appropriate treatment facilities.
While lack of awareness, affordability, and accessibility have been cited as reasons why people don’t seek help, Alaskans can take comfort in the fact that the state offers a mix of luxury and affordable recovery centers. These treatment centers provide various services, including telehealth, to reach individuals in remote areas.
Whether an individual is seeking luxury or affordable treatment options, our site provides a comprehensive guide to help them find the treatment they need to overcome their addiction.
Some of the most recommended rehab treatment centers in Alaska include:
- The Providence Breakthrough Program – Located in Anchorage, Alaska, the Providence Breakthrough Program is a luxury rehab center that offers personalized treatment programs for individuals struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Their programs include residential treatment, outpatient programs, and aftercare services. From our research, this is the premier rehab center in Anchorage, Alaska. It shares the property with Providence Medical Center and its proximity to the University of Alaska, Anchorage, which provides peace of mind.
- The Summit Malibu – Located in Sitka, Alaska, The Summit Malibu is a luxury rehab center that offers holistic and evidence-based treatment for addiction and mental health issues. They provide various services, including detoxification, individual and group therapy, and adventure therapy.
- The Clearing – Located in Juneau, Alaska, The Clearing is a luxury rehab center that provides a unique approach to addiction treatment, focusing on addressing the underlying emotional and psychological issues that contribute to addiction. Their program includes residential treatment, individual therapy, and life skills training.
- Hope by the Sea – Located in Ketchikan, Alaska, Hope by the Sea is a luxury rehab center that provides personalized treatment for individuals struggling with addiction and mental health issues. Their programs include residential treatment, outpatient programs, and aftercare services.
- Mountain View Recovery – Located in Fairbanks, Alaska, Mountain View Recovery is a luxury rehab center for individuals struggling with addiction and mental health issues. Their programs include residential treatment, outpatient programs, and aftercare services, and they specialize in treating trauma-related disorders.
Mental Food for Thought
Remember, you are not alone in your journey toward recovery. Committing to a treatment program takes courage and strength, and many resources are available to support you. Whether through therapy, support groups, or medication-assisted treatment, many options exist for overcoming existing issues and achieving long-term recovery. Don’t hesitate to ask for help; remember, there is hope for a brighter future.
Many forms of treatment and therapy are not only designed to help rehabilitate you from your current state, but they also include guiding you back to a state of sound physical and mental health. When you are physically and mentally healthy, you are better positioned to love yourself and be loved by those around you. You are then more likely to want to take better care of yourself. The parts of life you might’ve once feared or found to be painful can become aspects you embrace.
By coming this far, you’ve already taken the most significant leap toward treatment. Resume your journey through our gateway to treatment centers in your area by calling 888-546-6005 or locating the best facility for you.