Idaho, a state known for its vast wilderness, picturesque landscapes, and solid agricultural presence, offers visitors and residents plenty of opportunities for outdoor pursuits. However, its residents are not immune to mental health and substance abuse struggles. Idaho detox centers and Idaho rehab facilities are adjusting to accommodate the rising addiction and mental health crises and we have selected the best treatment centers for you to choose from to facilitate your pursuit of a sober life.
Approximately 290,000 people from the state suffer from mental health conditions, and over 180,000 of them do not receive the necessary treatment. While Idaho doesn’t rank as high as several other states for illicit drug abuse, the lack of treatment is a concern that must be addressed.
Without necessary help, people are likely to continue suffering, the numbers worsening when they don’t receive the support they require. However, this support is only possible if people access the facilities and know the suitable ones nearby.
Key Statistics about Drug Abuse and Mental Health in Idaho
Idaho’s rural setting and tight-knit communities can make it challenging to address these issues, as stigma and isolation often play a significant role.
The following statistics present a realistic image of the state and allow us to see the extent of the problem:
- Nearly 1.2 million Idahoans live in communities with inadequate access to mental health professionals and Idaho recovery centers.
- Approximately 25,000 12-17-year-olds have depression.
- In 2019, Idaho’s suicide rate was 23.9 per 100,000 people, significantly higher than the national average.
- Ada County reported a 20% increase in overdose cases in 2020 compared to the previous year.
- A 2019 research revealed that 15.8% of Idahoans regularly binge drink.
- 52% of drug overdoses in 2018 were related to opioids.
- Excessive drinking causes an average of 1,500 deaths in Idaho annually.
- 4.6% of Idahoans recently admitted to using illicit drugs compared to the 3.58% national average.
Top 5 Idaho Rehab Centers
The numbers above show that Idahoans don’t have the necessary support to treat their addictions. A few statistics mentioned the need for more awareness, but several quoted affordability as the primary reason people didn’t seek help. However, you have nothing to worry about. Idaho rehab options include a mix of luxury and affordable recovery centers to ensure everyone gets the necessary treatments.
- Renaissance Ranch – Located in Idaho Falls, Renaissance Ranch is a luxury rehab center that provides faith-based addiction programs that treat individuals struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. Their programs include a range of services, such as residential treatment, outpatient services, individual and group counseling, 12-step recovery programs, and aftercare services. The Renaissance Ranch Center gets our vote for best of Idaho rehabs because of its excellent reputation and truly heartwarming reviews on Google.
- Walker Center – Located in Gooding, Walker Center is a premier Idaho rehab center that offers comprehensive addiction treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Their programs include various services such as residential treatment, outpatient services, detoxification, individual and group counseling, and aftercare services.
- Northpoint Recovery – Located in Boise, Northpoint Recovery is a leading rehab center that provides personalized addiction treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Their programs include a range of services, such as residential treatment, intensive outpatient services, medical detoxification, individual and group counseling, and aftercare services.
- Ashwood Recovery – Located in Boise, Ashwood Recovery is a state-of-the-art Idaho rehab center that offers evidence-based addiction treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. Their programs include various services such as residential treatment, outpatient services, detoxification, individual and group counseling, and aftercare services.
Mental Food for Thought
Remember, you are not alone in your journey toward recovery. Committing to a treatment program takes courage and strength, and many resources are available to support you. Whether through therapy, support groups, or medication-assisted treatment, many options exist for overcoming existing issues and achieving long-term recovery. Don’t hesitate to ask for help; remember, there is hope for a brighter future.
Many forms of treatment and therapy are not only designed to help rehabilitate you from your current state, but they also include guiding you back to a state of sound physical and mental health. When you are physically and mentally healthy, you are better positioned to love yourself and be loved by those around you. You are then more likely to want to take better care of yourself. The parts of life you might’ve once feared or found to be painful can become aspects you embrace.
By coming this far, you’ve already taken the most significant leap toward treatment. Resume your journey through our gateway to treatment centers in Idaho by calling 888-546-6005 or locating the best facility for you.