Louisiana, known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and world-famous cuisine, is a melting pot of traditions and influences. The state is famous for its lively cities, such as New Orleans, synonymous with Mardi Gras celebrations. Louisiana’s image as a party destination, especially during Mardi Gras, makes it difficult to take decisive action because drug use, binge drinking, and dependency are normalized. You are not alone, and the fact that you are here, even just testing the waters, proves escaping the confines of substance abuse interests you. Regardless of how you ended up in your current situation, treatment is available and nearby. A sober life is within reach, but you have to be on board and willing to give it a shot in the first place.
Louisiana rehabs and Louisiana detox centers are adjusting to accommodate the rising addiction and mental health crises. However, this support is only helpful if people can access the facilities and know the suitable ones nearby.
Key Statistics about Drug Abuse and Mental Health in Louisiana
The following statistics present a realistic image of the state and allow us to see the extent of the problem:
- Nearly 2.8 million Louisianians live in communities with inadequate access to mental health professionals and Louisiana recovery centers.
- 106,000 12-17-year-olds have depression.
- 739 Louisianians died by suicide in 2017, more than double the number of homicides.
- Orleans Parish reported 350 overdose cases in 2020, a 50% increase compared to the previous year.
- A 2019 research revealed that 19% of Louisianians regularly binge drink.
- 57% of drug overdoses in 2018 were related to opioids.
- Excessive drinking causes an average of 1,900 deaths in Louisiana annually.
- 4.8% of Louisianians recently admitted to using illicit drugs compared to the 3.58% national average.
However, you have nothing to worry about. Louisiana has a mix of luxury and affordable recovery centers to ensure everyone gets the necessary treatments.
Louisiana Rehab Centers
- Palmetto Addiction Recovery Center – Located in Rayville, Palmetto Addiction Recovery Center offers a comprehensive and individualized approach to addiction treatment and mental health services. Their programs include residential treatment, outpatient services, detoxification, dual diagnosis treatment, and family counseling. Palmetto Addiction Recovery Center offers specialized programs for veterans, women, and young adults.
- Townsend Recovery Center – With locations in Baton Rouge and Covington, Townsend Recovery Center is a premier rehab center that offers personalized addiction treatment and mental health services. Their programs include residential treatment, outpatient services, detoxification, individual and group counseling, and aftercare services. Townsend Recovery Center also offers specialized programs for trauma, LGBTQ individuals, and healthcare professionals.
- Longbranch Recovery Center – Located in Abita Springs, Longbranch Recovery Center offers a holistic approach to addiction treatment and mental health services. Their programs include residential treatment, detoxification, individual and group counseling, holistic therapies, and aftercare services. Longbranch Recovery Center also offers specialized programs for trauma and co-occurring disorders.
- River Oaks Hospital – Located in Harahan, River Oaks Hospital is a leading rehab center that provides a range of mental health and addiction treatment services for individuals struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. Their programs include inpatient and outpatient services, detoxification, individual and group counseling, and aftercare services. River Oaks Hospital also offers specialized programs for seniors, adolescents, and those with co-occurring disorders.
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Located in New Orleans, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center is a state-of-the-art rehab center that offers a range of mental health and addiction treatment services for individuals of all ages. Their programs include inpatient and outpatient services, detoxification, individual and group counseling, and aftercare services. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center offers specialized veterans, women, and children programs.
It’s important to note that the best mental health and drug and alcohol rehab center for an individual may vary based on their specific needs and preferences. It’s recommended to conduct further research and speak with healthcare professionals or addiction specialists for recommendations on the best rehab facilities in Louisiana that meet your specific needs.
Mental Food for Thought
Remember, you are not alone in your journey toward recovery. Committing to a treatment program takes courage and strength, and many resources are available to support you. Whether through therapy, support groups, or medication-assisted treatment, many options exist for overcoming existing issues and achieving long-term recovery. Don’t hesitate to ask for help; remember, there is hope for a brighter future.
Many forms of treatment and therapy are not only designed to help rehabilitate you from your current state, but they also include guiding you back to a state of sound physical and mental health. When you are physically and mentally healthy, you are better positioned to love yourself and be loved by those around you. You are then more likely to want to take better care of yourself. The parts of life you might’ve once feared or found to be painful can become aspects you embrace.
By coming this far, you’ve already taken the most significant leap toward treatment. Resume your journey through our gateway to treatment centers in your area by calling 888-546-6005 or locating the best Louisiana rehab facility near you.