Along with horse races and the world-famous fried chicken, Kentucky also has some bad things to its name, such as high taxes, an underfunded and mismanaged educational system, air pollution, and drug use. The local government characterizes Kentucky’s drug crisis as the biggest public safety challenge. The state also has higher rates of mental illnesses and suicide deaths.
Key Statistics about Drug Abuse and Mental Health in Kentucky
- Kentucky is among the top ten US states with the highest number of opioid-related deaths.
- Drug overdose deaths in Kentucky increased by about 50% in 2020 alone.
- Out of opioids, fentanyl causes the most overdose deaths in Kentucky. About 70% of opioid-related deaths occur due to fentanyl overdose.
- Kentucky has the third highest binge drinking rate in the US.
- As of February 2021, 746,000 adults in Kentucky had a mental health condition.
These statistics paint a gloomy picture. But the drug crisis in Kentucky isn’t out of control yet. The state also ranks 21st in the country in the prevalence of mental illnesses. The situation may not be ideal, but it’s not the worst either. Moreover, help is readily available. We have shortlisted some of the best Kentucky drug rehabs and mental health facilities to make sure everyone struggling with drug abuse, alcoholism, or mental health issues can get the best care, support, and treatment.
Top 2 Kentucky Drug Rehab Centers
1. Journey Pure
Spanning over three acres at a peaceful location in the city of Bowling Green, Journey Pure is a Kentucky drug rehab center that follows a multi-step approach to treat substance abuse disorders and underlying mental health conditions. The treatment plan is personalized for each patient to ensure everyone receives premium-quality care according to their unique needs. An excellent staff-to-patient ratio ensures people are supported through each step of the recovery journey.
- Medical Detox
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Intensive Trauma Therapy
- Experiential Therapies, including Music, Art, and Equine Therapies
- Life Planning
- Holistic Therapies and Activities, like Yoga, Meditation, Exercise, and Stress Management.
- Relapse Prevention
2349 Russellville Rd, Bowling Green, KY 42101
2. Robert Alexander Center for Recovery
If you’re looking to recover in a relaxed, comfortable, and safe environment, Robert Alexander Center for Recovery is one of your best options for drug and alcohol rehabs in Kentucky. Located in the quaint countryside of Mt Washington, the center offers a range of treatment programs to help people overcome alcohol, opioid, heroin, cocaine, crystal meth, and benzodiazepine addictions. The programs are designed for men, women, professionals, college students, veterans, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Residential Inpatient Program
- Partial Hospitalization
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Program
- Aftercare Planning
- Family Therapy
130 Hope Street Mount, Washington, Kentucky 40047
Top 3 Kentucky Mental Health Facilities
3. The Ridge Behavioral Health System
Located in the heart of Kentucky in Lexington, The Ridge Behavioral Health System provides psychiatric care and substance use disorder treatments. The facility offers a range of specialized programs for children, adolescents, and adults. It also offers no-cost assessments over the phone. It’s accredited by the Joint Commission as well as licensed by the state of Kentucky.
- Inpatient Psychiatric Treatments
- Inpatient Substance Use Disorder Treatments
- Partial Hospitalization Programs for Psychiatric Issues
- Partial Hospitalization Programs for Substance Use Disorder
- Intensive Outpatient Programs for Psychiatric Issues
- Intensive Outpatient Programs for Substance Use Disorder
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Medication Management
3050 Rio Dosa Drive, Lexington, KY 40509
4. Center for Behavioral Health
Center of Behavioral Health is a part of Behavioral Health Group with treatment centers across multiple states. Their Kentucky drug rehab center provides treatments for drug and alcohol addiction, particularly focusing on opiate addiction which is the primary cause of drug overdose deaths in the state. The center also offers treatment, counseling, and support for those struggling with HIV/AIDS, impulse control, compulsive gambling, domestic violence, DUI, and anger management.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Addiction Counseling
- Behavioral Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Family Counseling
- Drug Addiction Treatment
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Impulse Control
- Anger Managements
- Compulsive Gambling
- Domestic Violence
Center for Behavioral Health – Frankfort
2225 Lawrenceburg Road Building C, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Center for Behavioral Health – Richmond
1018 Ival James Boulevard, Suite C, Richmond, KY 40475
5. Four Rivers Behavioral Health
A part of the Western Kentucky Community Crisis Response Team, Four Rivers Behavioral Health center works with Kentucky Homeland Security, public health facilities, and emergency operation centers in the state to help address behavioral issues and provide post-trauma care and support in the community. It has one of the most extensive networks of services in the state, including treatment programs for substance abuse, mental developmental disabilities, and mental illnesses.
Four Rivers Behavioral Health has multiple locations across the state.
- Behavioral Health Counseling Services
- Substance Abuse Services
- Developmental Disabilities Services
- Community Support
- Youth in Transition Program
- Assertive Community Treatment
- KY-Moms Maternal Assistance Toward Recovery
- Consultation and Education
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Court Services
- Hospital Services
- Post-Trauma Care and Support
425 Broadway St.,Paducah, KY 42001