In the heart of the United States, Kansas is known for its vast plains, rolling hills, and rich agricultural history. The Sunflower State is home to tight-knit communities that value hard work and resilience. However, these accolades do not mean its residents are immune to hardship.
Kansas rehabs and detox centers are adjusting to the rising addiction and mental health cases, but that doesn’t mean everyone is aware of how to access treatment. Often that comes down to them not knowing treatment exists. That’s where we come in. Our site provides quick access to your state’s therapy and treatment centers.
Without necessary help, people are likely to continue suffering, the numbers worsening when they don’t receive the support they require. However, this support is only possible if people access the facilities and know the suitable ones nearby.
Key Statistics about Drug Abuse and Mental Health in Kansas
Kansas’s rural landscape can make accessing mental health resources and treatment facilities challenging for many residents.
The following statistics present a realistic image of the state and allow us to see the extent of the problem:
- Nearly 1.8 million Kansans live in communities with inadequate access to mental health professionals and Kansas recovery centers.
- 95,000 12-17-year-olds have depression. 525 Kansans died by suicide in 2017, more than double the number of homicides.
- Sedgwick County reported 245 overdose cases in 2020, a 39% increase compared to the previous year.
- A 2019 research revealed that 16% of Kansans regularly binge drink. 62% of drug overdoses in 2018 were related to opioids.
- Excessive drinking causes an average of 1,700 deaths in Kansas annually.
- 3.6% of Kansans recently admitted using illicit drugs compared to the 3.58% national average.
A few statistics imply the need for more awareness, but several quoted affordability as the primary reason people didn’t seek help. However, you have nothing to worry about. Kansas has a mix of luxury and affordable recovery centers to ensure everyone gets the necessary treatments.
Kansas Rehab Treatment Centers
- Valley Hope of Moundridge – Located in Moundridge, Kansas, this rehab center offers a range of substance abuse and addiction treatment programs, including residential and outpatient services, detoxification, and aftercare support. Their treatment approach combines evidence-based practices with personalized care to help individuals achieve long-term recovery.
- Mirror Inc. – With locations throughout Kansas, Mirror Inc. provides various addiction and mental health treatment services, including residential treatment, outpatient programs, medication-assisted treatment, and aftercare support. They also offer specialized programs for pregnant women, adolescents, and criminal justice clients.
- DCCCA – Located in Lawrence, Kansas, DCCCA is a nonprofit organization that offers a range of addiction treatment services, including residential and outpatient programs, medication-assisted treatment, and case management services. They also provide specialized programs for women, individuals with co-occurring disorders, and individuals in the criminal justice system.
- Prairie View – With locations in Newton, Wichita, McPherson, and Hillsboro, Prairie View offers various mental health and addiction treatment services, including residential and outpatient programs, group therapy, and medication management. They also provide specialized programs for individuals with co-occurring disorders, trauma, and addiction.
- New Chance – Located in Dodge City, Kansas, New Chance provides residential and outpatient addiction treatment services, including individual and group counseling, relapse prevention, and aftercare support. They offer specialized programs for women, individuals with co-occurring disorders, and Spanish-speaking clients.
Mental Food for Thought
Remember, you are not alone in your journey toward recovery. Committing to a treatment program takes courage and strength, and many resources are available to support you. Whether through therapy, support groups, or medication-assisted treatment, many options exist for overcoming existing issues and achieving long-term recovery. Don’t hesitate to ask for help; remember, there is hope for a brighter future.
Many forms of treatment and therapy are not only designed to help rehabilitate you from your current state, but they also include guiding you back to a state of sound physical and mental health. When you are physically and mentally healthy, you are better positioned to love yourself and be loved by those around you. You are then more likely to want to take better care of yourself. The parts of life you might’ve once feared or found to be painful can become aspects you embrace.
By coming this far, you’ve already taken the most significant leap toward treatment. Resume your journey thru our gateway to treatment centers in your area by calling 888-546-6005 or locating the best Kansas rehab facility near you.