Delaware, the second smallest state in the U.S., is known for its rich history, picturesque coastal towns, and tax-free shopping. Most people don’t realize that the state insect of Delaware is the Ladybug, which boosts its credibility. Unfortunately, the Ladybug state faces its share of those struggling with mental health, alcohol addiction, and substance misuse. Delaware rehabs and Delaware detox centers are finding it challenging to work with the rising addiction and mental health crises. To help, we have compiled a database of Delaware’s best rehab treatment facilities. If you live in Delaware, getting sober comes down to you taking steps to locate a treatment center near you.
Over 90,000 people from the state suffer from mental health conditions, and nearly 60,000 of them do not receive the necessary treatment.
Without necessary help, people are likely to continue suffering, with the numbers worsening when they don’t receive the support they require. However, this support is only possible if people access the facilities and know the suitable ones nearby. Below, we provide insight supporting the need for better care in the state through statistics, followed by highlights of the best rehab centers in Delaware.
Key Statistics about Drug Abuse and Mental Health in Delaware
The following statistics present a realistic image of the state and allow us to see the extent of the problem. They also serve as a reminder that you are not alone:
- Over 115,000 Delawareans live in communities with inadequate access to mental health professionals and Delaware recovery centers.
- Approximately 9,000 12-17-year-olds in Delaware have depression.
- Delaware’s suicide rate was 14.4 per 100,000 people in 2020.
- Kent County, Delaware, reported a 43% increase in overdose cases in 2020 compared to the previous year.
- A 2019 study revealed that 17% of Delawareans regularly binge drink.
- 63% of drug overdoses in 2018 were related to opioids.
- Excessive drinking causes an average of 400 deaths in Delaware annually.
- 5.6% of Delawareans recently admitted to using illicit drugs compared to the 3.58% national average.
These numbers show that Delawareans don’t have the necessary support to treat their addictions. More specifically, many are unaware of the treatment available, which we have found to be the case in many parts of the U.S. A few statistics also mention the lack of awareness, with others citing affordability as the primary reason people didn’t seek help.
Best Rehab in Delaware
However, you have nothing to worry about. Delaware has a mix of luxury and affordable recovery centers to ensure everyone gets the necessary treatments.
- Recovery Centers of America at Bracebridge Hall – Located in Earleville, Maryland (just over the Delaware border), Recovery Centers of America at Bracebridge Hall is a luxury rehab center offering services for individuals struggling with addiction and mental health issues. Their programs include residential treatment, outpatient services, and aftercare services. Editor’s Pick: This facility gets our vote based on favorable feedback from past patients and their families. While Delaware has other facilities available, this one maintains higher reviews on Google. This is an excellent reflection of the facility overall.
It’s important to note that while this luxury rehab center may offer high-end services, it may come with a higher cost. However, individuals should choose a rehab center based on the quality of care and programs rather than the facility’s cost or luxury.
Mental Food for Thought
Remember, you are not alone in your journey toward recovery. Committing to a treatment program takes courage and strength, and many resources are available to support you. Whether through therapy, support groups, or medication-assisted treatment, many options exist for overcoming existing issues and achieving long-term recovery. Don’t hesitate to ask for help; remember, there is hope for a brighter future.
Many forms of treatment and therapy are not only designed to help rehabilitate you from your current state, but they also include guiding you back to a state of sound physical and mental health. When you are physically and mentally healthy, you are better positioned to love yourself and be loved by those around you. You are then more likely to want to take better care of yourself. The parts of life you might’ve once feared or found to be painful can become aspects you embrace.
By coming this far, you’ve already taken the most significant leap toward treatment. Resume your journey through our gateway to treatment centers in your area by calling 888-546-6005 or locating the best facility for you.